Geraldine "Gerri" Vaughan, President
Tufts Health Freedom Plan appointed Geraldine “Gerri” Vaughan as the new company president. Vaughan’s extensive health care experience includes physician collaboration, governance, market strategy, insurer/provider contract negotiations, risk modeling and managed care operations.
Most recently Vaughan was at Rush Health, a health care system in Chicago, serving as the chief operating officer. Prior to Rush Health, she worked at Circle Health in Lowell, Mass., in roles ranging from senior vice president of network integration to executive director of the physician’s organization. Her prior experience also includes provider contracting and performance management roles at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and at Tufts Health Plan.
Board of Directors
- Derek Abruzzese, Chief Strategy Officer, Tufts Health Plan
- Joseph B. Reilly, Retired Banking Executive
- Michael S. Rose, President and CEO, Southern New Hampshire Health System
- Marc Spooner, Executive Vice President, Commercial and Government Products, Tufts Health Plan
- Robert Steigmeyer, President and CEO, Capital Region Health Care and Concord Hospital